Retreats and Accommodations
Find Rest & Spiritual Refreshment at Mt Zion
Mount Zion Retreat Centre offers a wide range of accommodation options. From seasonal camp sites and cabins to our heated and air-conditioned year round facilities, Mount Zion is well equipped to host both large and small groups.
A fully serviced kitchen and spacious tabernacle are additional features you may want to take advantage of for your upcoming retreat or conference.
Rest and Recreation
If rest is what you're looking for, Mount Zion is the place to find it. A peaceful setting and beautiful grounds make for an ideal location to be refreshed in body, mind and spirit. If it's recreation, enjoy swimming, boating and fishing in bass infested Gunter Lake, as well as ATVing and snowmobiling on the miles of trails within easy access of the centre.
Please see below for our current Accommodations Price List and for pictures and descriptions of our facilities and recreational opportunities.
Current Accommodation Rates
Serviced Trailer Sites - $30.00 /day
Cabins - $40.00 /day
White House Units - $75.00 /day
Retreat Centre Rooms - $70.00 /day
Use of Camp Kitchen - $100.00 /day (No partial day rates)
Cottage - $100.00 /day
Beach House - $120.00 /day
General Information for Reservations
We can accommodate up to seventy eight people in camp buildings over night during the warmer seasons. Guests supply their own bedding and towels.
- 9 four season motel units will accommodate up to four persons in each room, each equipped with bathroom and shower.
- 2 seasonal two room efficiency units with bathroom and shower (separate bedroom sleeps six persons).
- 4 seasonal cabins will accommodate four persons per cabin.
- 1 four bedroom seasonal beach house accommodating eight persons, bathroom with shower, full kitchen and large living room.
- 20 trailer sites with water, hydro and a dump station on the grounds.
- Public washrooms and showers are available to all registered guests.
- Kitchen and Dining Room: Food services are not provided and are the responsibility of the group renting. Use of the kitchen and dining room are available at an additional charge of $100.00 per day. If the kitchen is used it must be cleaned after use or a cleaning fee of $75.00 will be charged.
- Meeting Rooms: Our spacious seasonal tabernacle is available for large groups as well as a small chapel seating about forty persons. The motel unit also has one small meeting room. Meeting room fees to be negotiated.
- The Retreat Centre does not provide sound systems.
- Swimming activities can be enjoyed at the public beach.
- A full-sized beach volleyball court as well as a good sized playing field is on the camp grounds.
In order to make your stay with us a pleasant and memorable one, we have incorporated the following policies. Please read and agree to the policies and procedures below:
- All groups must have proof of insurance coverage. If you are an "outside group" i.e. Not a church or charity please read this information: Robertson Hall Access Info Graphic.
- If you have questions about insurance coverage please contact us.
- Adult supervision is required at all times, including sleeping quarters.
- If cancellation is made 7 days or less prior to the reservation date the user will be responsible for the full amount due based on the number of rooms requested.
- Each facility has a maximum capacity strictly enforced. i.e The Beach House has a maximum capacity of 10 guests (including children, toddlers or infants).
- We reserve the right to book more than one group at a time unless otherwise stipulated by your contract.
- Generally check in time is 4 p.m. and checkout is 2 p.m. Rooms will be unlocked prior to arrival and keys will be found in the room for your use. Please leave the keys in the room upon departure. Lost keys will have a ten dollar replacement fee.
- Pets are not allowed in camp owned buildings and if on the grounds must be kept on a leash at all times.
- The retreat centre premises are to be left in neat and undamaged condition. A minimum of $75.00 will be assessed for events that require additional staff beyond regular cleaning. All food must be removed from the refrigerators and all garbage must be collected into one bag and placed in the designated garbage bins upon departure. Please place all cardboard, cans, plastics and glass in the blue recycle bin provided.
- Please report any damage or anything not working properly during the retreat. Users are responsible to pay, repair, or replace property damaged by any members of their group.
- No firearms, No fireworks, hunting, alcohol, smoking or illegal substances are allowed on the retreat center property.
- Care must be given to guard against forest fires. Please limit campfire to the designated camp fire pit. During dry seasons local fire bylaws must be adhered to.
- The retreat center Roadway Speed Limit is 10 km/hr
- All ATV's must be operated by a licensed driver. ATV's are permitted to use retreat center roadways as an access to and from Weslemkoon Lake Rd. only. ATV's are not permitted throughout the retreat center roadways unless driven by designated staff.
- A minimum number of rooms will be established for the contract to be agreed upon.
- Groups agree to meet full financial obligations to Mount Zion Retreat Centre as agreed in the contract.
- A non-refundable security deposit of $250 is required to reserve the dates and the facilities requested. The deposit will be deducted from your total invoice after your group's stay.
- Events are ONLY considered booked and confirmed when the deposit and signed agreement are received by Mount Zion Retreat Centre.
- Your rental includes only the ground, facilities/services that are specified in the contract.
- ATTENTION: July to Labour Day weekend, we require that all our accommodations have a minimum of a two night stay on a regular weekend (three nights on a holiday weekend).
- To provide a safe, well maintained facility.
- To provide one retreat center management representative to host and assist you during your stay.
- To remove garbage/refuse from the designated area during and after your stay.
Booking a Retreat:
- Plan your retreat well in advance.
- Payment may be made by Visa, Mastercard or cheques made payable to "Mount Zion".
- Once we have received the completed and signed reservation & agreement form along with the specified deposit, your retreat dates will be booked and confirmed. We will provide confirmation of your event by email. If you have questions call 613-474-1941.